Friday, November 6, 2009

Ever since the rise in gas prices, and this movement we call "Green", people have become much more conscientious about riding bicycles more than driving their cars. This has been an awesome event to witness, but with all good things come a few bad things as well.

More cyclists on the road equals more traffic. This means more competition between cyclists and car drivers for the space needed to get from Point A to Point B safely.

I want to link you to a very good website that I found about how to avoid being hit by a car. If you're anything like me than you've already said, "oh that's not me, that'll never happen to me", but the fact is that it could happen to anyone at anytime. It may be the driver's fault, but 9 out of 10 times the cyclist could have avoided the accident by riding "properly". I personally found that a few things that I know I do myself are on that list of "No-No's". Now I'm riding safe into the night!

Now that your riding style is safer, don't forget your helmet, and lights! But remember, a helmet means nothing if you don't ride with respect!

Peace, Love and BIKES!

http://bicyclesafe.com/


No comments: